How To Fall Asleep With Wet Hair

The step by step guide to falling asleep with wet locks and waking up with glossy, wavy hair.


Like makeup, I don’t care for overly done hair. I would never blow dry my hair because I like it’s natural texture, I don’t do curlers and next to never use a curling iron. I opt for a very worn in, natural look when it comes to my hair. I always wash my hair at night not only because I can't stand the thought of taking extra time out of my morning to shower and deal with my hair, but also because you can achieve some really great texture and wave throughout the night, if done right.

how to air dry hair, how to get beachy waves, no heat waves, beauty spring 2016, long hair

1. Wash with a volumizing shampoo
The key to that voluminous blowout is product and a big round brush. Air dried hair tends to fall flat, and this especially true with long locks. Use a volumizing shampoo or treatment to give your hair some volume sans heat. I use Davines Volu Shampoo ($23) and also really like John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Treatment ($10)- you can literally feel your hair plump up in the shower. 

2. Condition really well.
This is especially important because you want your air-dried hair to still look healthy, glossy and smooth as it would if you were to blow dry. I use Davines Nounou Hair Mask ($32) or Davines Love Curl Enhancing Conditioner ($12-$29) and comb it through with a wide toothed comb in the shower.

3. A leave in product is non-negioable.
When I get out of the shower, I spray my hair with a leave in conditioner. I then always work a leave in product through my hair. This is key for avoiding frizz and achieving definition. I love Living Proof Perfect HairDay 5-in-1 Styling Treatment ($26) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In Cream ($8)

4. Use surf spray for defined waves and great texture
You want a balance of hydration and texture. We have already applied our leave in conditioner, so now it's time to work in a texturizing product. I like Herbivore Botanicals Sea Mist ($20)

(at this point I go ahead and brush everything through with a wide-tooth comb)

5. Mind the ends
The ends of our hair is the most prone to dryness and breakage so I always apply a tiny bit of coconut oil to the ends of my hair.

At this point you can do one of three things.

1. Tightly twist hair into one bun at the top of your head, leaving the bottom inch or two out. This will give you a lot of volume and movement, with a loose wave.

2. Twist hair into two buns, one of each side of your head, just above the ears, leaving the bottom inch or two out. This will give you a more refined curl! You can do four buns as well. The more buns you do, the more tight the curl you will have in the morning.

3. Loosely braid your hair into one braid at the back of your head, leaving the bottom inch or two out. A loose French braid works really nicely!  You will wake up with mermaid type waves and great texture! Use a one to one and a half inch curling iron to go over a few pieces in the front. The mixture of the waves gives you an even more undone, beachy look.

I find that sleeping on wet hair can leave the roots a bit flat so I always spray the roots with a dry shampoo in the morning to pump up the volume. I use Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk ($20)


Voila!!





SHARE:
Newer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...