Emma Watson Started A Feminist Book Club!



Actress, UN Ambassador and unabashed Feminist has started a feminist book club on GoodReads, titled Our Shared Self. Anyone can join and participate simply by signing up on GoodReads and joining the Our Shared Self group, reading the chosen book and then participating in the discussion forum during the last week of every month. Emma explained her inspiration for starting the club in an introductory message on the group page:


As part of my work with UN Women, I have started reading as many books and essays about equality as I can get my hands on. There is so much amazing stuff out there! Funny, inspiring, sad, thought-provoking, empowering! I’ve been discovering so much that, at times, I’ve felt like my head was about to explode… I decided to start a Feminist book club, as I want to share what I’m learning and hear your thoughts too.

There are already over 99,000 members since she first launched the club on in the beginning of January and hundreds of discussion board topics ranging from what feminism is and why we make choices to be feminists, to intersectional feminism, LGBT topics, to discussions about Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The first book on the list was "Gloria Steinam: My Life On The Road" and discussions are taking place right now! 


Watch Emma's 2014 UN He For She Speech below!

             

SHARE:
Labels:
Newer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...